Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New film collaboration

Never Done: I had dinner last night at Do Sirak with three other people to talk about a potential new film project. Each of us knew two of the others of us at the table, and each of us was meeting one person for the first time. I adore the two people who I already knew -- one I've known since I first moved to Portland in 1990, and the other is a friend from New York who I've known now for a couple of years. The third -- the person I've never met before -- is a high school friend of my Portland friend, and a long-time friend of the other person at the table. (I haven't figured out yet how to deal with naming people in this blog. It seems like I need to ask before I tell, so for now I'm keeping things anonymous.)

So this third person, who I will call D, is terrific. She is smart, thoughtful, and straightforward -- three qualities I respect, and which I most want in a collaborator. I loved listening to her talk about the way she envisions the film, and I loved sitting at that table and imagining us as a new team of four. And I forgot to say the Shehekhianu.

I did remember to say it earlier in the day though when I crossed "start the blog" off my To Do list.

The few friends I've told about Never Done all ask me how I'll have the time to do it all. I don't really know, but I think it might have something to do with spending less time on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment