Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I started EMDR

Never Done: I started EMDR

I started EMDR therapy. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. I don't think I even know what to say about it yet, because it is so new, except that I think it might be one of the most useful modalities I have ever encountered.

I guess the thing I can say, from both ethical and also personal points of view, is that over the course of time that I spent in adoption classes, I realized that I still have some significant trauma to heal though, and that I wanted to take a big stab at it before starting to parent.

Deep breath.

2 comments:

  1. I've a dear friend who is a therapist training to do EMDR with clients - it seems like a fantastic way to excise those demons. I actually wanted to do that myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. So far it's been incredibly useful. I will let you know how it goes as I continue! xo

    ReplyDelete