Thursday, January 20, 2011

I read a friend's new TV pilot

Never Done: Read a friend's new TV pilot

OK, this is technically a cheat. The pilot arrived in my inbox at 12:02 AM, when I was, on my new sleep regimen, heading to bed, so I really only read the first ten pages, and put it aside, hoping I would wake up in the night and not be able to sleep, but I didn't (which is actually good, because I am fighting off a cold) so I was left hanging, ten pages in, already with two major twists in the action and a deep dive into topics very dear to my heart: racism and white supremacy.

I care about both these topics and this writer so much that a couple months ago, I introduced the writer to an old (and trusted) friend of mine who is a leading thinker, researcher, and organizer in the field (and one of the smartest people I know) and they completely hit it off, and this other friend was invaluable in the plotting of this pilot, and last night all three of us, plus the writer's partner, had a celebratory dinner together at a fancy little restaurant.

I can't wait to read the rest of the pilot, and better yet (pu pu pu) see it picked up and produced, with all of us together on the writing team. Just putting it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment