Friday, February 18, 2011

I called PropArt

Never Done: Called a prop shop

I guess it's the nature of work that it should be somewhat repetitive, because how else are we going to become good at it? And even if that's an inept generalization, my personal truth is that it is a rare day that I get to do something for work that I've never done before. But ... I am producing a 30-second spot to counter a 30-second spot made by some anti-immigrant bigots, and I need someone to build some props. Hello PropArt! Where have you been all my life? Oh, right there on St. Marks near Vanderbilt, in Brooklyn? Seriously, right there?

"Hi, I need a McMansion, an SUV, a yacht, and a private jet, all releasing carbon emissions into the atmosphere." "We could laser cut that out of plexiglass, paint it gray, and put it on simple pedestal stands." I mean, that's not literally how the conversation went, but it's close enough. SOMETIMES MY JOB IS FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment