Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I can see clearly now

Never Done: Had a complete eye exam

I had 20/20 vision my whole life until I turned 40. I tried to get glasses a couple of years ago, but it didn't work out for me at all, and I had to return them. For the past couple years I've been wearing drug store readers, and oy, are my eyes tired. (Get it? Get it? I just flew in from LA and oy are my arms tired...)

For my birthday, Josh gave me $100, a couple coupons for his time, and the phone number for his ophthalmologist. So for the first time ever, I had my retinas scanned and my eyeballs photographed (my optic nerve is quite well, thank you. And yours?) and I now am the proud possessor of two prescriptions (one for progressives and one for readers) and clear instructions for what kinds of frames will work best for the former. (Ones with a lot of vertical height, especially below the eye.)

So now comes the daunting fashion opportunity; picking out frames. I have a pair of gorgeous frames already that I can use for the readers, but I need some help picking out my big ones. (Paul, if you're reading this, you're on the short list. Got any plans to visit NYC soon?) Everyone else -- send ideas for what you think would look good on me, OK? I'm thinking a shade of blue, to go with my silvery tresses. What do you think?

2 comments: