Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I had a job interview with a certain New York institution

Never Done: I had a job interview with a certain New York institution

For the first few years I lived in New York, I felt small. I couldn't picture myself having an impact on the city as a whole, the way I had easily done in Portland and in smaller places I'd lived. And what's more -- beyond not being to imagine that I could, I couldn't imagine that I would want to. But gradually I've become more rooted and effective here, and gradually my sense of my place in New York has grown as well.

This will be a very short post, because I'm not ready to reveal what the organization -- or the job -- is, but I'd like it, I'd be good at it, and if they choose me, I would have a larger purview in New York City than I could have ever imagined when I was a little kid running around apple orchards.

Send good wishes! If I get the job, I promise to use it for the global good!

No comments:

Post a Comment