Wednesday, July 3, 2013

40-minute run

Was it the hour-long wait at the DMV first thing in the morning? No? That wasn't my selfish joy?

Was it stress at home? No? That wasn't my selfish joy?

Was it my 2 1/2 hours on the phone with the automated system of the Bureau of Labor? No? That wasn't my selfish joy?

Was it doing wrap-up work for the play festival? No? That wasn't my selfish joy? (Although it was way better than the previous three activities.)

No, it was simply that after the day I had, I went to the gym. My beloved YMCA. My beloved air-conditioned, vast, friendly, welcoming YMCA. And I got on a treadmill, and I started to run, and I just kept running. I listened to my body instead of the clock, and it turns out I had it in me to run for 40 minutes/3 miles. It's been a while since I ran that far. (The A/C helps -- usually I run outside in the park.)

Starting to get my body back. Not that it really went anywhere. But still, nice to get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment