Friday, September 16, 2011

I organized things neatly

Never Done: I organized things neatly

I don't know how I got so far in life without Things Organized Neatly or Extreme Tidying Up. I also don't know how to capitalize on my foibles. I do know how to make community out of my foibles; I met Andrew -- one of my now closest friends -- at the breakfast seating of a B&B, and I noticed he was alphabetizing the tea bags. Man after my own heart! Five years later, when he and his partner got married, I made them a beautiful decorated wooden box filled with alphabetized tea bags. (I wasn't able to find a tea starting with Q so I made one up: Queer Wedding Blend.)

Anyhow, when I discovered these people who make art out of their hyper-organization, I fell in love all over again. (And sent the links to Andrew.) I also went home to try it. I looked at my shelves to see what did I have, and what might benefit from order, and what could be pretty. Or, put another way:

!
&
(((
)))
-----
:::
;
'''
,,,,,,,,
.........
AAAA
BBB
D
F
IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
M
N
O
QQ
W
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
bbbbbbbbbbbb
ccccccc
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
fffffffffffffffff
ggggggggggggg
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
kkkkkkkk
llllllllllllllllllllllllll
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
pppppppppp
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
ssssssssssssssssssssssssss
tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
uuuuuuuuuu
vvvvvvv
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
x
yyyyyyyyyyyyy
zzzzz
E
N
O
TT
U
aa
dd
eeee
ggg
h 
iiii
l
m
nnn
p
rr
s
tt
x
yy
z

No comments:

Post a Comment