Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Les Mis

Really quick post. I did it all for me. I am really glad I did it. I backed out of a long-standing commitment to do it (which is part of why I know it was truly all for me, but which is complicated because I also love and feel committed to the people I backed out on.) I went to see Les Misérables in an industry screening. Did it bring me joy? Maybe not the film itself, but the gift of going did (thank you Gia!) and also I just love movie musicals, and I also love being culturally literate. I thought the lead actors and the child actors were fantastic. It makes me want to read the book, so I can see how Hugo wrote about faith and ethics and redemption and the French Revolution. Maybe the music wasn't really so memorable, with the exception of the incredibly memorable song. And maybe the action was just a little tiny bit rushed. But also, it was epic. And also I FINALLY watched the movie that my growing-up best friend's mom watched a million times, and I always heard in the background but never sat down to watch. And I love industry screeners. And I dreamed the world was song. And the song was exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment