Friday, April 26, 2013

If a tree falls in the forest ...

I did something, but I can't remember what it was. It was a really good one, too. Joy incarnate. Simple, funny, moving. I remember the feeling I had when I did it, and how I thought to myself, "This is also going to be a joy to write about." And then I went off to work and by the time I got home at 11:30 PM (long but wonderful work day, in which Urban Bush Women and Liz Lerman presented a work-in-progress of a brilliant, beautiful, and fascinating new work about the physical embodiment of wealth and poverty) I had completely forgotten that simple morning joy.

If a tree falls in the forest and no-one is there to hear it fall ....?

I say yes.

I still had the experience. I still felt the joy. I still prioritized the time. I just can't share it with you. Or with myself.

Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment