Friday, August 23, 2013

Lee Daniels' The Butler, but really Forest Whitaker

I had invited my guys to go with me to see Lee Daniels' The Butler, and I would have loved to have seen it with them, but neither came, and I had the other joy of seeing it all alone. I love seeing movies alone. That powerful, unmitigated experience of soaking in someone's work, but in the community of a theater full of people. But the true joy of seeing this film was spending 132 minutes watching Forest Whitaker work his magic. I mean his incredible acting skill. From Fast Times at Ridgemont High to Bird to Crying Game to Smoke to Last King of Scotland to 96 other films and TV shows, he is one of the most prolific and spectacular actors alive. In my opinion. In fact, I think I might start myself on a regimen of watching as many Forrest Whitaker movies as I can, earliest to most recent. Forest Whitaker living room film festival, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment