Friday, May 31, 2013

Frances Ha, air conditioning, alone in the movies, a return to Freelance

Frances Ha, air conditioning in 90 degree NYC weather, alone in the movies. Need I really say more? (But I will.)

It was one of those days when I had a series of NYC appointments, but not all back to back, so the day got completely broken up, and if I wanted to get work done, I would have had to shlep my computer with me into Manhattan, on a day when I had to go to Flatiron, Union Square, Wall Street, and the Upper West Side, and did I already mention it was 90 degrees?

So I decided not to shlep my computer, and to heed the words of Abigail, who pointed out to me that I probably should be trying to take it a little easy right now. I haven't been too good at taking it easy right now, and I've got bags under my eyes to show for it. So in the middle of the day, with nobody looking over my shoulder, and just my own guilty conscience (I could be working on ....) I slipped into the movies at Lincoln Plaza, to see Frances Ha.

One of the hard things about freelancing is that you are at risk of never stop working. 6 AM, 11 PM—if someone needs something, it is hard not to respond. (Check my emails from just last night, and you'll see I was still sending them out til 11:30.) Do I sound like I am justifying my choice? Does it sound like maybe this wasn't so PURE of a selfish joy? Does it sound like I am protesting too much? OK. I hear you.

Frances Ha, air conditioning in 90 degree NYC weather, alone in the movies. Need I really say more? (But I will.)

It was gorgeously shot in digital black and white.

2 comments:

  1. It quiet very useful article sharing i this post, thanks a lot!!

    regards
    AC Repair The Woodlands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Installation of air conditioning system is as important as maintenance. You must make sure that you have a properly designed AC duct so that it delivers better air quality, cooling and heating too.

    Air Conditioning Contractors

    ReplyDelete