Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tyler will now dance for you

I know I am late to the (dance) party, but better late than never. When he was 20, Tyler Marcum videotaped himself dancing to the Dixie Chicks' version of Fleetwood Macs' song Landslide. Then 10 years later, when he turned 30, he (presumably) watched his video about 157 times, and then danced along with it. The result: a tender, vulnerable, silly, literal, awkward, and sometimes disconcerting dance conversation with his younger (and paler) self.

All that humanity? It is really quite joyful to watch.

Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
 
From the perspective of someone who has handled 20 more seasons of my life than Tyler has, I wish him strong winds and smooth sailing.



No comments:

Post a Comment