Thursday, May 2, 2013

I called in well

I took a personal day. I needed one. (I actually need about 7 more, and then I could get everything done I need to in the next 8 days.) I did a whole slew of things I could write about in detail, but the truth is, it was the moment of deciding that I needed the day, and that I could just tell the truth about it. That moment, at 8:30 in the morning, when instead of bracing myself for a day on the Upper West Side yearning to be ticking items off my list in Brooklyn, I shifted gears and went for what I wanted. It's not like I hadn't earned the day; last week I worked til 10 or 11 PM four nights. But still, knowing I have earned it and figuring out I can take it are two separate things. And when I figured that out, JOY.

Also, I planted collards and ranunculus. I started a freelance copy edit job. I worked on a freelance theater producing job. I winnowed files. I bought a mattress. I briefly stopped in on the May Day march in lower Manhattan. And at the end of the day, I got to see a Broadway show (Kinky Boots) in fantastic house seats that the musical director got me, and meet him backstage afterwards, where I got to see the stunning Al Hirschfeld theater from the front out.

I took a personal day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment