Friday, May 3, 2013

PUFFINS!

A couple weeks ago I downloaded an ap called iBird Lite. I'm testing it out to see if I like it enough to spend $19.99 on iBird Pro. I LOVE IT. I sit on the subway and read about birds. Their range, their habitat, birds that are similar to them. I look at drawings and photos of them, and I listen to their calls. This has all been pretty great for me, until I came upon the Atlantic Puffin, at which point it became thrilling. I have been trying to see a puffin for, well, as long as I can remember. Admittedly, I haven't tried super hard. I've gone out on boats though, to places where puffins "always" hang out, only to find that "this is the only time we have come out and not seen puffins." Also, did I mention I get seasick? I have promised myself that this summer I will go out to one of the puffin breeding colonies in Maine, but in the meantime, iBird, take me away!









No comments:

Post a Comment